About our Certified Corvettes (1984 and newer)
What is a Certified Car?
Most all luxury car manufacturers have implemented a Certified program for their franchise dealers. These pre-owned late model vehicles are fully serviced, and are brought up to a high level of standards. Typically, they cost considerably more than a comparable non-certified vehicle, which covers the dealer's cost of having to replace tires, brakes, fluids, and other needed repairs, and these cars are generally marketed as Certified Pre-Owned, or CPO.
Why do Owners Sell their Vehicles?
Usually when the car needs costly repairs or service. Rarely do you find a pre-owned vehicle that the seller had all repairs and service done just before offering it for sale. Certified vehicles are different; nearly all items are up to factory spec, and Certified cars are generally much higher overall quality than your average pre-owned vehicle.
Most dealers simply buy used cars at auction, and then maybe check the oil and wash the car before offering it for sale, usually AS-IS. An AS-IS car is just that; once the car is sold, the dealer has no responsibility for any items that have already failed, or may fail shortly after the sale. The Federal Trade Commission requires that all used vehicles for sale at dealers have a Buyer's Guide in the window, which must state that the vehicle is being sold either AS-IS, or with a Warranty, in which case the warranty's details must be explained. Take a look next time you're at another dealer's lot -- the vast majority of used cars are sold AS-IS. Generally, the only used cars that carry a warranty are going to be Certified cars, and rarely do you find a Corvette that is in a dealer's Certified program. On the other hand, Buyavette offers the largest selection of Certified Corvettes in the country, and likewise, we also sell more Certified Corvettes than anyone else in the country.
What Exactly Does Certified Mean at Buyavette?
The vast majority of our Certified Corvettes will carry either a remaining factory warranty, or our 2 Year/50K Additional Mile Warranty. Typical items that will keep one of our Certified Corvettes from carrying a warranty include superchargers, turbochargers, and internal engine modifications. More details on our 2 Year/50K Additional Mile Warranty can be viewed here. Please note that our non-Corvettes and Trade-Ins are generally not Certified. Please look for the Certified logo next to each car on our website as a guide to whether or not it is Certified. Note that we only certify cars that are model year 1984 or newer.
All of our Certified Corvettes go through a thorough inspection and reconditioning, including, but not limited to:
1. Exterior lights, turn signals, wipers, horn, windows, gauges, power locks, convertible top all functional (where applicable)
2. Tires must have an average of at least 4/32nds tread depth remaining on tires, all lug nuts present and properly torqued
3. Engine, transmission, and rear-end are inspected for abnormal noises, vibrations, and proper shifting
4. Seatbelts must be in good operational condition; airbags must be present, and with no warning lights showing
5. All fluid levels checked and topped off if needed
6. Belts, hoses, wiper blades all must be in good condition
7. Oil and oil filter changed if needed, using synthetic oil unless recommended otherwise
8. Carfax Report available with full disclosure, no damage to vehicle listed on Carfax, clear title (cannot be branded)
9. Exterior and interior condition -- no major defects
10. Cruise control, air conditioning, heat, power mirrors, front and rear defrost, directional seat adjustment, fuel door release all functional
11. Speakers, power antenna, factory Navigation and CD all functional (if applicable)
12. No frame or body issues
13. Traction control, anti-lock braking, and Active Handling systems (if applicable) must be fully functional. Brakes are checked for pad wear and rotor warpage, and any leaks in the brake system are repaired
Please remember that even with all of the reconditioning that we do on our Certified vehicles, we are still selling pre-owned vehicles, and no car is perfect. Nonetheless, we still aspire to offer you the very best in pre-owned Corvettes at very competitive prices, backed by top quality customer service. If you have not done so already, please take a look at our Better Business Bureau listing. Our A+ rating comes from consistently satisfying our customers both during and after the sale process.